Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

The Mpoli Journal



James 1:27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world
I have been in the office for the better part of the day and my body feels tired and I know l cannot go home yet until l have seen these kids who have become so dear to us. As l approach the open gate to the care point, I have such energy from within that comes out as the kids race towards me.
 After a couple of laughter and running up and down with some kids, I am just happy and grateful to be part of this great vision of fulfilling the Word of God as a pastor. I attend to some basic responsibilities just to make sure all is well and l am given an update of what is urgently needed at the care point.
As the kids play on the grounds of a place they now call home, a place of Hope, a place of provision, love and where dreams are shaped and Christ is at the center of all that is said and done, one cannot begin to imagine what the future holds for these precious children outside Christ.
These young souls are treasured by Heaven and so must we as a Body of Christ.  At any given time and day these children will brighten your day and leave you with a sense joy just as you observe them and interact with them.
As I finally take a seat trying to catch a breath l am reminded within my spirit that this is the future of Swaziland and to have an opportunity to sharp their destiny is both an honor and a great responsibility.
 As the Word Of God puts it “To defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; to maintain the rights of poor and oppressed” (Psalms 82:3). Everything within who I am will defend these little ones from a spiritual front to the natural realm.
I just read in our local paper this week on two heart breaking stories of child abuse and such evil must be stopped at all cost. It is so easy to read such and like any other story in the paper for the day and move on with life. God expects us to defend the cause of the weak and fatherless and l heaven must count me in as one of those prepared to do just that in our generation.
As I prepare to leave I am so glad that these kids just had a meal at the care point and tonight l can sleep knowing that the children are not tossing fro and to because of hunger. THANK YOU all who make this a reality.


No comments: